AM Routine





Skincare can be tricky & no one size fits all. Everyone’s skin is unique & you have to use products that work for your skin. I am sharing my AM routine & products I am using currently. I have acne prone combination skin.  It may seem overwhelming but honestly takes less than 5 minutes.  Note: morning skincare is about protecting your skin. 


AM Routine

Cleanse: I use a mild cleanser.  I go between IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser or Philosophy Purity Cleanser 


Toner: I spray my skin with  PIXI Vitamin Wakeup Mist & DHC Collagen Mist.  Depending on who you ask some say toner is important some say it isn’t.  Toner balance the PH of the skin.  (I also like the Dior Capture Youth New Skin Effect Enzyme Solution). 


Serum: pick a serum that target your specific skin concerns.  First I use the Murad Multivatimin Oil all over my face and then use the Peach and Lily Glass  Refining Serum mixed with Dr Dennis Gross C+ Collagen.


Eye-cream: First I want to thank my sis.  She had me start using eye cream at when I was around 15 or 16 years old (thx didi ❤️).  Currently I am using Sunday Riley Autocorrect. 


Moisturizer: Since I have combination skin I like using moisturizers that are not heavy in the skin.  I have several I love but currently using Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream. 


SPF: At minimum you need SPF 30 & reapply. I have been using SPF 50 for years.   My fav is Aveeno Protect and Hydrate.  


Some Helpful Tips

1. Always press product into the skin & give it a few minutes before applying another product. 

2. Don’t get stuck using one product.  Skin evolves & your products have to be as well.  What I used in my 20s didn’t work for me in my 30s.  

3. You may need to change your products when seasons change 

4. Always wear SPF no matter the weather.  

5. In addition to the outside take care of you insides as well. 


***Always patch test prior to using any product and consult a doctor for professional advice*** 

Follow me on: 

https://www.facebook.com/confessionsproductjunkie/ 

https://productjunkee.tumblr.com/

https://pieceofmeconfession.blogs #apieceofme #confessions #productjunkie #novamag #dcbloggers #instabeauty 

Comments

Popular Posts