It's All About the Skin!!



Taking care of ones skin and protecting it from the elements is very important and as you get older the products evolve but the basic of skin care stay the same.

It's not one size fits all it maybe a combination or different products that work best. Don't be afraid to try different brands. That is the way you will find what works best for you.

I have acne prone skin so over the years I have become very religious about my AM and PM skin care routines.

CTSEMS: Cleanse, Tone, Serum, Eye Cream, Moisturizer and Sunscreen


In the AM:

Start by washing your face with a gentle cleanser and cold water. I like the Fresh Soy Cleanser. It gentle in the skin removes all impurities. TIP: ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE WASHING YOUR FACE.

After cleansing you can use a toner if you need to restore the ph of your skin. But the more I research the more I read toner is not a necessity. I seldom use a toner but when I do Iove the SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion. Just soak a cotton ball with this lotion and gently sweep across face and neck

Next come serums. You need to choose a serum that is geared problems specific to your skin. I have a few serums I like but my top 2 are the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Repair serum or the Laura Mercier Multi-Vitamin Serum. You just need a few drops on your finger tips and you apply it to your face and neck. Do not rub it in. Be gentle when applying. You can also gently press it on the skin. TIP WAIT FOR A MINUTE OR SO BEFORE APPLYING MOISTURIZER AND EYE CREAM SO THE SKIN CAN ABSORB THE SERUM.

In the AM I use an eye cream that helps to reduce puffiness, brightens the under eye area and moisturizers. I love the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Cream. It's not greasy and glides on smoothly.

I combine the last 2: I mix a few drops from sunscreen (SPF 50) into my moisturizer and apply to my face neck and décolletage.

Sunscreen is very important. It protects your skin from the dangerous sun rays. Long term sun exposure ages skin. TIP: SUNSCREEN IS ESSENTIAL YEAR ROUND EVEN ON RAINY DAYS.

Moisturizer hydrates and even outs skin tone among other things.

I love love love Amore Pacific The Essential Creme Fluid Moisturizer. It is lightweight but very effective and I mix in a few drops of Clinique Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face. Again be gentle when applying and always apply upwards and outwards. You can also press it into the skin gently. TIP: WAIT FOR A MINUTE OR TWO BEFORE APPLYING MAKEUP SO YOU CAN SKIN CAN ABSORB THE GOODNESS.

In the PM:

CSEN: Cleanse, Serum, Eye Cream and Night Cream

Our skin heals and regenerate at night. Some studies suggest showering at night it helps your skin breathe better and heal while you sleep.

Showering at night is optional but, ALWAYS remove makeup and wash your face before going to bed. Night time specific products are more concentrated and help with skin specific issues.

I remove it with the Clinique Take the Day Off Micellar Cleansing Towelettes for Face and Eyes and them wash my face with a cleanser. Always wash your face as it help remove makeup and impurities the towelettes may have missed.

In the PM I use the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream. It's one of the best eye gel-cream that helps in reducing fine line, wrinkles, puffiness and far circle.

I pair that with Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II serum. It hydrates, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone.

Once it's absorbed I use the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil. It also helps with reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It smooths out and hydrates the skin.

**If the products you use in summer don't yield the same results in winter or visa versa you may have to change some products based on seasons.**

This may seem like a lot of steps but a little investment in good products and the time to take care in your skin will produce good results in the future.

#clinique, #amorepacific, #SKII, #EsteeLauder, #itcosmetics, #LauraMercier, #SundayRiley, #Fresh,
#productjunkee, #confessions, #pieceofme

Comments

Popular Posts